Mời xem đáp án tại: https://thaytro.net/course/view.php?id=126
Choose the option that best completes each of the following sentences or that best substitutes or explains the underlined part in each sentence.
8. To attract someone’s ___________so that we might speak to that person, we can use either verbal or non-verbal forms of communication.
A. attendant B. attention C. attentive D. attending
9. We are a very close-knit family and very ______________of one another.
A. support B. supported C. supportive D. supporting
10. ______________are people who always expect good things to happen.
A. Pessimists B. Optimists C. Terrorists D. Journalists
11. In Britain, a _____________college is a college that provides education for people aged 16 and older, but that is not a university.
A. high B. tertiary C. community D. secretarial
12. The academic year generally commences in September in Vietnam.
A. begins B. ends C. interrupts D. continues
13. A survey was made to find out their attitudes towards love and marriage.
A. determine B. maintain C. change D. take
14. Before the interview, you have to send a letter of _____________and your résumé to the company to express your interest in the job.
A. invitation B. confirmation C. application D. complaint
15. In England, students don’t have to pay tuition fees in _____________school.
A. public B. state C. independent D. graduate
16. In a contractual marriage, the parents of the pride and the groom decide ___________the marriage.
A. to B. on C. of D. about
17. If she ___________the train last night, she ____________here now.
A. had taken/ would have been B. were taking/ is.
C. took/ were D. had taken/ would be
18. – I rang at about three yesterday afternoon, but you weren’t in. I didn’t know where you were.
– Oh, I ________Mike. We __________his car. It took ages. We were working on it all afternoon.
A. was helping/ has repaired B. helped/ had repaired
C. was helping/ had repaired D. had helped/ were repaired
19. I walked into the restaurant and I saw all of my friends. Stephan ____________them to join us
A. invites B. has invited C. had invited D. was inviting
20. A. What did the man say to you?
B. He ______________________.
A. told to me that he sees me last week B. told me that I saw him last week
C. told me that he had seen me the week before D. said me that he had seen the week before
21. He asked me _______________his advice.
A. why hadn’t I followed B. why I hadn’t followed
C. why didn’t I follow D. why I not to follow
22. Our tests ____________by the head teacher but our class teacher told us the results.
A. marked B. were marked C. did mark D. were mark
23. My brother is having a party tonight and you _______________.
A. are invited B. invite C. has invited D. be invited.
* DEMO VÀ DOWNLOAD FILE WORD:
* Tải tài liệu ngay trên DEMO nha !!!